Saturday, January 25, 2014

War's Over

I've been done with my challenge for a week now. So much for accountability. Well, I wasn't perfect, but my slip-ups were few and far between. I am back to my pre-binge weight, but sorry to report that it's not one whit easier to forego non-food goodies. I've had soda today, in fact, and one third of a candy bar that I scrounged from my mother's secret stash now that she's housesitting for my brother. So I'm going to dump out all the soda and buy myself some 60% dark chocolate to stick in the fridge for emergencies.

But I'm not even that concerned about health and diet and all that because something wonderful has happened! I've set my retirement date! In sixteen short months and possibly much sooner, depending on events yet to come, I will be done with the commute, the benchmarks, the time sheets, the annual evaluations, the endless exhortations to do more, more and more still.

Knowing that this is so, I am starting to relax already. I feel the letting go in every cell. And I still have two more days off work. 



No comments:

Post a Comment