Saturday, January 4, 2014

It's War


I haven't been posting much because there's been nothing really exciting to write about. Until now. Now I'm going to war. 


Here's another ruddy sunset. I'm getting sick of them. Why do I photograph nothing but sunsets and food? And planners? But I digress. 

For the next two weeks I am going to war against my compulsions. I am going to eliminate three things from my diet:  Alcohol, candy in any form, and sodas. Brilliant! What moron would have all that in their diet to begin with? Well, this one. Ever since I read in "Wheat Belly" that a Snickers bar has a lower glycemic index than 2 slices of whole wheat toast, something in my psyche snapped, and it has been open season on Snickers ever since. And let's not even discuss beverages. I've been pouring Baileys in my coffee, rum in my coke and sipping wine with dinner. Holy Cow. And of course it's been Happy Holidays, so we've had See's Candy and pies and cookies and ice cream too. 

Well of course every symptom of every health problem I've got was robustly re-energized over the past few weeks, plus I gained back 2 of the 13 pounds I labored so hard to lose last year. That's enough backsliding for me. I keep thinking 3 weeks of abstinence would be best, but late last night while tossing and turning fitfully in my feverish bed it seemed like 2 would be less daunting.  

Am sure that after I've done without for 2 or 3 weeks I won't feel the urge to consume any of those (non) foods again, at least in any non-resistible way, except perhaps a glass of wine with dinner now and then, which had been my norm.

In the interests of accountability I shall report my progress on this blog. It will encourage me to post more frequently and to take photographs of hopefully interesting things. 




1 comment:

  1. Hi Christine
    Have been cleaning and organizing also and came across correspondence from you from the late 90's. I am so pleased to have found this blog and learning more about how you've been doing. Please email me at starsapphire808@gmail.com. Your friend, Susan.

    ReplyDelete